Our employment law team offers expertise across all areas of Employment law. We take the time to get to know you and your business and the issues that impact on your workplace. We are also experienced litigators and advocates, representing and appearing for clients in all types of employment-related litigation in the Fair Work Commission, anti-discrimination tribunals and the Courts.
Our lawyers remain at the forefront of this ever-changing area of law, meeting the needs of employers and employees alike by providing expert advice and tailoring commercial solutions to all complex problems. We understand that often the issues involved are emotive and sensitive and our employment law team has the breadth of experience and expertise to provide the right advice in a cost-effective matter.
We consider that being proactive, understanding risk and managing the often competing interests of people in the workplace are important strategies in the effective handling of employment law issues.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- advising, drafting, negotiating and interpreting individual employment contracts and contractor/consultancy agreements;
- drafting, advising and interpreting company policies and procedures;
- advising on terminations, grievance issues and disciplinary processes;
- interpreting modern Awards and employment legislation such as the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth);
- advising on redundancy and transmission of business issues;
- drafting post-employment restraints and providing advice on these issues;
- conducting litigation such as unfair dismissal and general protections claims;
- advising on occupational health and safety and workcover issues;
- advising on discrimination, harassment, bullying and vicarious liability issues;
- undertaking and/or advising to workplace investigations, grievance handling and dispute resolution;
- providing strategic advice to assist in minimising legal risks and exposures, increasing productivity, and reducing staff turnover; and
- providing training and seminars on employment law issues.