Ted is a Director at Pointon Partners and leads the property team.
Ted has extensive experience in advising individual, corporate and institutional clients including investors, developers, landlords, tenants, financiers, property fund managers and stakeholders on a broad range of property transactions and projects.
Ted’s property law expertise includes:
- Acting in complex negotiations for sales and acquisitions of residential, commercial and industrial sites and sale documentation;
- Property development including property joint ventures, development management, project management and consultancy agreements;
- Managing high volume off-the-plan sales and contract administration;
- Property syndications and managed investment schemes;
- Finance issues including security and mezzanine debt financing arrangements;
- Undertaking property and contract due diligence investigations;
- Advising on Capital Gains Tax, GST, stamp duty and land tax issues affecting property transactions;
- Leasing including commercial, industrial and retail leases & lease disputes including disputes run through the Small Business Commissioner, VCAT and the Supreme Court of Victoria;
- Owners corporation matters including all aspects of Owners Corporation legal advisory work, management and and governance issues and dispute resolution.
Ted is also highly regarded for his commercial law expertise, which includes sales and acquisitions of businesses and stakeholdings, business structuring and advice, trusts, incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures, franchising, taxation and commercial contracts, including shareholder & unitholder agreements, loan & security agreements, supply & distribution agreements, contractor agreements and commercial disputes.
Ted graduated with a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from Monash University (Greek and French Major) and speaks both Greek and French.
Ted is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Property Council of Australia.