P +61 3 9614 7707
D +61 3 8625 8907
F +61 3 9614 6676
LL.B(Melb) BA(Melb.) FAICD Chartered Tax Advisor
Anthony is the Managing Director at Pointon Partners.
Anthony leads the Commercial practice for Pointon Partners.
|Anthony’s expertise in the area of law include:
|Anthony’s expertise in respect of Industries include:
Qualifications / Professional Affiliations:
Anthony is a Commercial law practitioner who offers pragmatic advice to a wide range of clients. These clients are generally businesses that can be classified as small to medium sized (listed and unlisted on the Australian Stock Exchange), public companies, associations, institutes and universities.
Anthony was a board member of the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival Ltd a Victorian Government supported Melbourne Major Event and chaired their corporate governance committee for ten years up until 2014. The firm is now the official legal partner of this event.
He is a Chartered Tax Advisor, and a member of a Tax Institute Education Committee, a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, and is an NSX nominated advisor. Further, he is the firm representative upon the Committee for Melbourne, Family Business Australia and the Entrepreneur Organisation.
Recent and Important Transactions:
- Purchase of of Johnson Tiles for Malaysian public listed entity (2014);
- International and Australian structuring for Hollywood Film production in Australia (2014);
- Large property development structuring between land owner, developer and financier (2013);
- Harness Racing Australia’s successful application in respect of Trade Practice Commission, in respect of Sky Racing Channel (2013);
- Business Recovery – Extraction of golf course and property development at Waterford Valley from receivership (2013);
- Property syndication of $50M purchase of St. Kilda road Victorian Police complex;
- Concept and preparation of first effected sale off the plan documentation for Melbourne apartments (1988), whereby all parties were bound and settlement was longer than 12 months after contract signing at 474 Flinder Street. Industry changing documentation leasing to new enacting provisions under the Sale of Land Act (Vic) to encourage Melbourne residential tower developments which has changed the face of Melbourne;
- Multiple taxation disputes in audit and Court; and
- Multiple Merger & Acquisition matters.