We have acted for pharmacists and medical professionals over many years and have an in depth understanding of the specific issues facing them in their businesses or professional practices. Our experience includes transactional work such as the purchase or sale of these businesses together with acting as the trusted advisor for our pharmacist and medical clients for their day to day legal matters or personal legal requirements.
We are able to assist with:
- Acquisition of pharmacy businesses or medical practices
- Advice concerning finance and security arrangements required for such purchases, including mortgage of lease arrangements
- Sale of pharmacy businesses or medical practices
- Relocation of pharmacies and the rules relating to same
- Advice concerning ownership structures
- Arrangements with suppliers, franchisors or banner groups
- Preparation of service agreements between related service trusts and the business
- Review and negotiation of premises leases
- Landlord / tenant disputes
- Preparation of shareholders agreements / partnership agreements
- Business succession
- Professional misconduct claims and disciplinary proceedings
- Employment contracts for staff
- Compliance with workplace awards
- Incentivisation arrangements for managers or key staff
- Asset protection, in respect of both the business assets and the personal assets of the proprietor
- Wills & powers of attorney
- Conveyancing, in respect of the family home or property investment
We have strong links with other respected service providers operating in the pharmacy / medical fields such as financiers and pharmacy brokers who we are able to introduce as and when required to assist you.
If you require any advice or assistance in any of the above please contact Michael Bishop, Anthony Pointon, Amelita Hensman and Ted Vlahos.