The gaming, licencing and hospitality industry participants require hard work, good organisation, passion and knowledge of their market to be successful. They should also have a legal firm that understands their unique requirements and we are extremely well equipped to assist in this regard.
Our firm members are involved in a number of peak bodies in respect of these industries.
The scopes of works we can perform include:
- Application for new venue operator licences.
- Application for new approvals and for variations to increase the number of gaming machines.
- Representation in disciplinary proceeding.
- Review of management agreements.
- Application for new licences and planning permits.
- Application for variations of licence conditions or of licence premises classifications.
- Infringement notices and enquiries concerning licencing prosecutions.
- Review of club constitutions and rules.
- Endorsement of licences by owners and mortgagees.
- Representation in hearings before Liquor Licencing Victoria for applicant and objectors working with specialist counsel.
- VCAT review applications in respect of decision of the director of Liquor Licencing and planning permit issues working in closely with experienced Town Planners.
- Purchase and sales by auction or private sale.
- Structuring for purchases and sales together with accountants.
- Leasing for hotels and restaurants together with due diligence and other issues.
- Employment and payroll advice.
- Food regulation issues.
- GST and Taxation advice and audit support.
- Stock control issues.
- Business recovery and insolvency advice.